Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tool #9: Incorporating Classroom-Based Devices as Tools for Learning

  1. A laptop has multiple uses with coaching and teaching. I could use the laptop to video the athletes for feedback on form and techniques. This screen allows great use of viewing as well which was not always easy with a video camera. An app I have recently been introduced to is called "coaches eye" which provides great frame by frame analysis. I would also use youtube to show teaching videos. I recently did this to introduce the game - Team Handball. Although it a fast-growing sport, many Americans are not aware of the game and rules. I found a short video provided by "USA Team Handball" that shows the sport in action and reviews basic rules of the sport.

    I would allow the students to use their cell phones to show utube videos. I could setup the laptops and give them view access. Also, the screen in the gym could be utilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment